The power of aquatic therapy
Aquatic therapy provides a unique treatment environment, offering a remarkable range of choices for rehabilitation. Aquatic Therapy can help a range of patients — from the post-surgery professional athlete to total joint replacements to those who require limited weight bearing and more.
The benefits of buoyancy:
- Allows an increased range of motion and strengthening while minimizing joint stress
- Controls the weight that is placed on the joints
- Accelerates post-operative rehabilitation leading to a quicker recovery
- Offers a comfortable environment for those who can’t tolerate land-based exercise
- Decreases pain of inflamed joint and soft tissue restrictions
- Improves balance, truck stability and body awareness
- Restores confidence for movement and function
The American Arthritis Foundation recommends aquatic rehabilitation for those suffering from arthritis because immersion in the water decreases the weight bearing through the lower extremity joints and allows exercises to be performed with less pain.
Conditions effectively treated through aquatic therapy:
- Neurological disorders
- Post-surgical rehabilitation
- Sports/orthopedic injuries
- Osteo and rheumatoid arthritis
- Lower extremity joint replacement or fractures
- Lower back pain, and knee pain
- Trauma and sports injuries
- Difficulty walking/balance deficits
aquatic therapy at dynamic
Our heated aquatic therapy pool, located at our North Office, is one of the few available in the region.
We offer one-on-one or group sessions with aquatic therapy specialists, private showers and changing rooms, and a chair lift for patients who need it.